Are you a hero? Are you clear and focused? Can you change gears quickly and remain calm and kind? Do you follow the rules? If yes, then welcome to alarm dispatch and monitoring at Emergency24!
Dispatchers can earn from $15 per hour and up to $20 + per hour based on their monthly performance:
- Starting base is $15 per hour during training it is $14.00 and your first month as an operator
- Then you can earn monthly performance and attendance bonuses
- First-year Dispatchers’ average hourly rate is between $15.50 – $16 including bonuses and overtime
- Experienced Dispatchers average from $16 + per hour
- Top performers make more than $20 per hour! (base + bonuses + overtime)
- Caring culture and highly competitive health care and other benefits are a key reason employees stay at Emergency24
- Opportunities for time and a half and double time pay
- Third shift premium of $0.50
- Weekly paychecks
- Help people when they need it most by responding to fire, burglary and other alarms
- Dispatch to Police and Fire departments across the country
- Handle high-volume of inbound and outbound calls concerning alarms and systems
- Monitor alarm systems using our software and systems
- Help our subscribers, customers, and team members with managing their alarm systems
- Keep a professional demeanor and follow established dispatch protocols and procedures
- Maintain your outbound and inbound calls with a high degree of urgency and accuracy
- Video event monitoring
- Weekend, 2nd and 3rd shifts available
- Part-time or full time
- Well-spoken – EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS (written, verbal, and listening)
- Considerate – EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE APTITUDE
- Like a hero, you are there when customers need you – EXCELLENT ATTENDANCE
- Must pass integrity and aptitude test, and sign a confidentiality agreement
- Fingerprint background check required by Illinois Dept. of Professional Regulation
- PERC card is a plus!
- No experience required – we provide paid in-house training
- An adult – Minimum 18 years of age; High school graduate or equivalent
Call 773.725.0222 ext 6023 or Apply in person Monday to Friday from 9 am to 4:00 pm at:
Emergency 24, Inc., 999 E Touhy Avenue Suite 500, Des Plaines, IL 60018
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
- How many years of customer service experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Technical Support Associates
We are seeking a Technical Support Associate to provide email and phone support for both internal and external clients.
Answering “Level 1” Tech Support phone calls and emails from alarm dealers.
- Account Assignment, Caller-ID Trace, Receiver Profile Programming, Communication Troubleshooting, Dealer Website Support, Relay Service Support, etc.
- Contacting alarm panel manufacturers and 3rd party relay services when required to troubleshoot an issue.
- Creating a helpdesk ticket for every request.
- Updating an internal wiki and documenting relevant information and processes.
Internal technical support.
- Configuring/troubleshooting call-center computers (both in-branch and remote).
- Troubleshooting internal issues with computers, printers, and software.
When not performing one of the above tasks, completing special projects as assigned.
- Projects can include: contacting dealers to notify them of accounts that need to be fixed, consolidating/cleaning up account data, documenting/organizing tech-related items (phone extensions, cable labels, etc.), testing receiver linecards, performing UPS testing, research new alarm equipment and communication options, etc.
- Windows 10, Microsoft Office
- Proprietary internal tools and software
- SQL Management Studio (writing SQL queries)
- VNC/Remote Desktop: Servers and Receivers
- Manufacturer-Specific Applications
- Web: Internal Helpdesk, Emergency24 Dealer Portal, Manufacturer Websites
Typical Work Day
This position is located at our primary Central Station located in Des Plaines, IL. A typical work day for this position is from 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday. The vast majority of the time you spend at work will be at your desk receiving incoming phone calls and email requests from our alarm dealers. Throughout the day there will be slower periods where there arenâ€™t as many incoming calls or emails. During this time, you will be working on a wide range of specially assigned projects. Working remotely some days would be possible once training is completed and you have demonstrated the ability to work on your own unsupervised.
You will need to be proficient in writing, modifying, and interpreting SQL Select queries in order to troubleshoot incoming electronic alarm transmissions. Although training will be provided on our proprietary systems and the alarm industry in general, applicants should have a sufficient technical background as listed in the qualifications section below.
- Have the ability to quickly learn new proprietary software and tools.
- A high aptitude for general troubleshooting and the ability to troubleshoot brand new issues with little to no guidance or instruction.
- Have a strong interest in IT and/or technology and be dedicated to continuous education in the field.
- Ability and discipline for creating documentation (wiki).
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic TCP/IP protocols and concepts.
- Familiarity with writing SQL select queries.
- A technology-related college education and/or degree.
- CompTIA A+ Certification.
- Any knowledge of Burglar or Fire Alarm Panels (POTS/IP/Cellular/Radio).
- Any programming knowledge is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $25/hour, commensurate with experience